Women at the Well recognizes, celebrates, strengthens, and preserves women of color and an identity that is “deeply rooted in one’s heritage and gender." Come! Glorify God with us!
Women at the Well is the brainchild of two women students at Louisville Seminary, the Rev. Lauren Randall Sanders (MDiv ’05) and the Rev. Angela Cowser (MDiv ’06). As students, the two submitted a proposal for support to initiate a multicultural program that would benefit women of color who are studying at Louisville Seminary.
- To support one another
- To educate one another, campus, and community
- To teach one another, campus, and community
To educate the Louisville Seminary community about minority experiences as it affects how minorities see the world and the larger society.
- To encourage
- To be a place of refuge
- Be Prophetic
- Be Pastoral
- Brown bag lunches as a way to support one another
- Speaker presentations on social justice issues
- Service projects
- Participate in Louisville Seminary events